Sunday, March 16, 2008

*Is No News Good News?

Sorry about the long break in blogging. I think it's easier to wait when I don't have to type that there's been "no news" daily. Well, here it is: there's been no adoption news. I am tired of saying that, but I am also thankful that people ask and care. I just like to have positive news to deliver.

For the first time, I cried over Liv. Thursday was a rough one for Keith and I in several ways, and as we prayed late that night when we were finally on our way to bed, I couldn't hold back the tears. I think I've been protecting my heart more than I realized by not dwelling on the wait so much, or not letting myself imagine having her home too much. But, the longing and the hurt is there, and working its way to the surface.

I do long for Liv more each month. I am not complete without her. It is hard to explain. She is a part of me, as much as Keith and Koen are. Well, maybe not as much, but definitely a part and a growing part.

We've been DTV 5 and a half months now, and I know there is still a tremendously long road ahead. Please pray for us as we wait. Pray that God will clearly guide us to Liv, and that He will protect her. I am so thankful that He is a Father of the fatherless, and a Defender of the weak.

On a more positive note, Koen participated in his first Easter egg hunt yesterday at church. He enjoyed himself, even though mom won't let him eat all the chocolate from inside those eggs. He's talking even more. There's nothing I can think of he can't say now - except Hummahummanukanukaapuahah (not sure how to spell that) that we were trying this morning. He says "I love you" and can count to ten. He's also learning to sing his ABCs, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. We started potty time this week- just to get him used to sitting on the potty- and he actually went peepee in it on Wednesday! He had no idea it came out of him, but we were so proud. We rewarded him with a little animal cracker, which he promptly through in the potty. He's funny. I'm ready for him to be a big brother. Thanks for letting me brag on my little boy.

0 comments:


Visitor Map