Saturday, May 31, 2008

*An Adoption Anniversary

One year ago today was our first blog. The new look represents a new year. I started this journal of our process to keep family and friends updated, to inform other prospective adoptive parents of the process, and to share with Liv someday.

A lot has changed since we began this process a year ago, and were just deciding on an agency. We are still happy with the choices we've made along the way, and do believe the Lord has been our guide. Although things are looking a little more hopeless with Vietnam, I do still have hope and trust the Lord to guide us to our daughter.

That's not to say I haven't struggled with the current uncertainty. Friends all around me are having babies and getting pregnant with their second children, and sometimes I feel like I'm getting behind. I know it's not a race, and I shouldn't compare, but it has always been my nature to do so. Yesterday Koen was begging me to follow him and be involved in all of his play. He is ready for a little playmate brother or sister. Thankfully, he has lots of church friends and the neighbor boys.

Thank you for joining us on this journey. Please continue to pray for us and our daughter.

Got Milk?

0 comments:


Visitor Map