Friday, June 20, 2008

Birthdays

I am back, and I am 30, plus a couple days. It started sinking in today. Normally I don't get upset about getting older, but I'm realizing a gap between the reality of who I am, and the picture I used to have of myself when I would be 30. I don't have it all together, and I am not very wise.... I remember in my early 20s getting asked why I wasn't in school. I looked like a high schooler for so long, and now I never get such comments. Strange huh? Just a little dose of reality.

Keith took me to a cute little (I really mean little) cabin near Mt Ranier. We drove through some of Mt Ranier National park, visited the museums, went on a few short hikes (most of the trails are still under snow), took lots of pictures, got to see some wildlife, relaxed and read a book, and spent some time in a hot tub on a creek. It was nice to get away and relax, but Koen is sure punishing us for leaving him behind. He had a great time with his Grammi, but is out of sorts know that we're back. Little "Mr. Tantrum Royale" visited today - it's the maddest I've seen him. He cried so long and so hard that his face got little red polka-dots. Nothing makes you feel more like a mean parent!

As part of the Child's Right Campaign, Keith called our senators today, and left messages with both of them. The goal is to continue to encourage them to sign a letter to Condoleezza Rice, urging her to act to keep Vietnam open. Our state rep had already replied to our email that he had signed the letter. We are very thankful to him for that.

Please continue to pray for this campaign, and for the rights of the children in Vietnam. Every child has a right to a loving family.

Here's pics from our getaway:

A friendly coyote (or is it a fox?) that wasn't at all afraid of us.

Standing on the short of a lake - that's the most of the mountain we saw in the background

Posing atop a waterfall

Great shot, huh? :) (That is a dear rear)

A friendly dear in the park - very interested in the camera

Our little cabin

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing pics! I can't believe how friendly the wildlife is! Wow!
Glad you had a great time!


Visitor Map