Saturday, August 4, 2007

*Home Study Complete!

It’s already August! We sent in almost all of the rest of our dossier paperwork to our agency this morning, after getting two forms notarized again at our bank yesterday. We had to redo the 2 Vietnam applications because my passport number changed when we renewed it. I had such a hard time with those forms – trying to write in all caps, I kept having to redo it. I was probably being a perfectionist, but I don’t want to slow the process down one bit.

Our home study should be complete. We had the social worker say we were approved for 1 or 2 children, in case there are twins available. Maybe we’re crazy, but we don’t want to close doors if the Lord wants them open.

Last night we watched a Travel to Vietnam DVD. I think the traffic will be more stressful than I realize, especially with a baby to care for! In a car or on a bike, or walking – it all looks so dangerous. We also hope we can go before next May when it will get hot and really humid – can feel like it’s up to 119F!! Winter (October-April) is in the 60s and 70s, much more doable. My mom mentioned she may want to go see where her grandchild is from, but I need to show her the video so she knows just how 3rd world it is.

I wonder if my daughter was born today – or maybe yesterday. What will I be doing/have been doing when she is born?

On Wednesday we will go to Yakima to get fingerprinted and turn in our I600A for the immigration paperwork. This should save us about 3 weeks of the wait for immigration approval before we can send our dossier to Vietnam , and start the real wait. Maybe we can send our dossier by the end of September? We’ll see. I can’t get too far ahead of ourselves, or the wait will feel even longer.

I’ve read a few more Vietnam adoption blogs lately. I love reading them. I cried ferociously today, when one family shared about their son battling and dying from cancer just after he turned 3. They just went to pick up their daughter in Vietnam last week and are home now. They have 2 other children as well. I can’t imagine losing a child – especially now that I have one. Oh, I pray the Lord protects my children, and that we don’t have to go through that. Their faith is amazing though.

Today was Koen’s little friend Gabriella’s 2nd birthday party at St Edwards Park (where I coach). They have an amazing play structure there – for little ones, and big ones. Koen swung, and went down slides, did a little climbing and a little playing in the sand. We had a good time, and the other kids did too.
Daddy Keith and Koen

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this great experience with us.


Visitor Map