Monday, September 17, 2007

Triathlon

The triathlon went well. Our team placed 2nd of the relays (the team who beat us were men), and I had a good swim (placing 1st of the women, and 7th overall). It was fun for the most part, but I'm not sure I could ever do the whole triathlon. Not sure my knees could handle it.

Koen's been a little under the weather - having a fever every night lately, and sometimes waking up in the middle of the night really sweaty. During the day he's pretty happy though - just a little tired.

No news on our adoption, but I'm afraid that is going to be the case for much of the next several months. I'm starting to wonder what kind of heartbreak we have applied for - knowing the wait can be so painful, and sometimes people lose referrals to family choosing to keep them, or even to death. There is a little part of me that hopes for a surprise referral in the next several months - way quicker than expected, but that part of me will likely be very disappointed.

I really enjoy reading other's adoption blogs. I added a list of favorite blog links to the left. Feel free to enjoy reading some amazing stories if you'd like.

3 comments:

Jo said...

We used Faith for our daughters adoption, she is from Nam Dinh.

Drop me an e-mail if you have any questions about our adoption experience. We started with Faith when Vietnam re-opened and were one of the first families to complete a Nam Dinh adoption.

jojocalvin1278@yahoo.com

Christi Crow said...

Thanks for visiting our blog! Congratulations are beginning your adoption. Know that God's hand is on the process all the way through.
We'll be praying for you, and I'm also adding your link to our page if that is OK.

Rebecca said...

Hi
I wanted to thank you so much for your sweet reply in my blog! I will also add your blog to my list! God bless you in your travels!!!!
Rebecca


Visitor Map