Friday, October 24, 2008

Hallelujah!

Koen got the whole potty thing down today! Yay! I am so proud of him. He's good with number one - no accidents at all today. He was completely dry all day! Instead of putting him on the potty every 15 minutes, it was about every hour, and he would sit and go when I told him to. As a reward tonight for being so successful he got to open his new little excavator tractor that has been sitting in the package next to his potty all week. He was thrilled.

Yesterday was day number 3 in potty training and it wasn't going so successfully, so I was wondering if he was really ready or if I should persevere. I'm so glad we did. We'll see how tomorrow goes, but today was good! He did have a number 2 accident, but it was very solid, so no big mess. Koen only goes number 2 about every other day, so we haven't gotten to practice that much.

Now I need to get Koen to tell me when he needs to go, rather than me having to suggest it every few minutes. I'm a little scared about taking him out of the house this weekend. Not sure how Sunday school will work for him. We did go to the park today and he stayed dry there.

1 comments:

J-ME said...

Congrats you guys! You are such good parents. Our training has been so sparatic and horrible commitment on our behalf. Lou also had a #2 accident today, but we were not as fortunate with the consistency, yuck! Anyways, glad to hear it is going well today. Also, let us know when the winter retreat will be this year if you are still welcoming outsiders.


Visitor Map