Friday, July 25, 2008

*More Corruption

Today is not such a normal day, or even a good day. Today I feel discouraged. When I wake up thinking about my future children, I know it will be a day that I struggle.

We live in such a corrupt world. Adoption is a beautiful thing, and yet people know how to turn good into evil. I just read here that several people were arrested in Nam Dinh this month for issuing fake birth certificates of some 300 babies there, and then adopting them internationally. This essentially means that children were likely taken from their birth parents, and sold to innocent adoptive families internationally. This is a province where our agency works, and now I am wondering if the babies that were adopted by those on the list before us were these children (see later post - I learned that our agency does not receive referrals from the 2 medical clinics under investigation).

Thankfully, the Vietnamese police have arrested the suspects. This is a good sign that Vietnam is serious about cleaning up the system.

Please pray for Vietnam, pray for the children, and for the families that gave them up. Pray for the families that long for them. Pray that God would guide us on our adoption journey. Thank you.
The orphanage in Nam Dinh where our agency works. Babies sleep in hammocks.

0 comments:


Visitor Map